You can update Galaxy Core I8262 to Cosmic ROM Android 5.0 Lollipop custom firmware using the tutorial below. This is not an official release by Samsung, but just a custom ROM which would require a custom recovery like ClockworkMod in order to flash the ROM zip files on your phone.
Disclaimer: All the official firmwares, custom ROMs, software updates, themes, mods, tools, apps, or anything provided in our blog belongs to their respective developers. Most of the custom ROMs we are providing here are from XDA Developers. We (iDroid Horizon) or the respective developers are not responsible if any of our tutorial damage or brick your device. However if you follow our instruction properly, we hope it would not bring you in trouble. If you face any problems with our tutorials, please comment below. We are sure that we can bring your device in original position.
- Google Apps (Gapps): Latest Google Apps for this ROM!
- Material Design : Google Wallet and Google Docs With Material Design (Download APK)
- [HOT]: Download Galaxy S6 Apps for all Android Devices - APK Files
- Driver: 15 seconds ADB, Fastboot and Driver Installer [PC tools for Android]
List of Features in Cosmic ROM Android 5.0 Lollipop Update :
- Exact Replica of Android Lollipop Framework.
- Android Lollipop animations added to framework [ Like list ,Check box, Radio button,etc..]
- Optimized Framework with 200 DPI as default
- New Status bar L Theme
- Moto G styled Expanded Toggles
- Profile Picture and Name in Status bar Toggles view.
- Lollipop themed Apps.
- Lollipop Easter Egg [ Improved one - now set difficulty levels... ]
- Phone and Others apps are Optimized for 200 DPI.
- Lollipop wallpapers added to stock wallpaper app.
- Bug fixes like Dual SIM Wallpaper, Gallery Slideshow FC fixed and many others..
- Many more to feel the Lollipop awesomeness....
Galaxy Core I8262 USB Drivers :
Backup and some important tips
- Backup your Android Apps : How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages : Read How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History on Android : How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages : How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages on Android.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Few more important things that you must remember before installing any custom ROMs or Official Firmwares:
- You might face some problems in connecting your Android device to the computer. How to fix? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and KitKat.
- Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
- Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on iDroid Horizon are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model. And also make sure you have an unlocked bootloader (except Samsung).
How to Install Cosmic ROM Android 5.0 Lollipop Custom Firmware
However, for beginners, you need to root your Galaxy Core I8262 and install a custom recovery. Please Google that up if you are unsure and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your device.
Try this on your own risk. We are not responsible if you mess up with your Galaxy Core I8262.To Remember:
- This Cosmic ROM Android 5.0 Lollipop Firmware tutorial is only for Galaxy Core I8262 and I am not sure if it will work on the other variants of the Galaxy Core on other carriers.
- Make sure your phone is rooted and has a custom recovery like ClockworkMod installed.
- Make a Nandroid backup of your previous phone set up before proceeding – for just in case anything goes wrong.
- Install the Google Apps package if you want the usual Google apps (Gmail, Maps, Play Store, Calendar etc.) on your phone.
NOTE: Installing Cosmic ROM Android 5.0 Lollipop Custom ROM will WIPE / DELETE / ERASE everything from your phone if your bootloader is not already unlocked. Please make sure you have a backup of all the data. Read: How to Backup Android Apps and Other Data.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Note : Your Galaxy Core I8262 should be on Cosmic ROM Version 1.0 before flashing this ROM.
Step 3 - Please make sure Fastboot is configured and properly installed on your computer. How? See here: How to Set Up ADB and Fastboot with Android SDK.
Step 4 - Then turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 5 - Get into the Fastboot/Bootloader Mode on your device. Turn ON the tablet while pressing and holding the Volume Up + Power buttons till you see the Fastboot menu and START on top.
Step 6 - Now to get in the Bootloader Mode. Turn ON the phone while pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down and Power buttons.
Step 7 - Follow the navigation instructions on the screen. Select BOOTLOADER and then go to RECOVERY.
Step 8 - Once you are in ClockworkMod Recovery, select perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset” . Use the Power button to select everything while in the Recovery Mode.
Step 9 - Then, perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition” as you can see in the image below.
Step 10 - Now this is optional, but it is recommended to perform a wipe of your dalvik cache as well. You will not get into boot loops or any other errors. From CWM recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe dalvik cache”.
Step 11 - Then go back to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
Step 12 - Now select “choose zip from sdcard”. Using your volume keys, navigate to the Cosmic ROM Android 5.0 zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
Optional : If you want to remove GApps from the ROM, flash GApps remover zip after installing lollipop edition.Step 12 - After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back+++++” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu as show below.
Your Galaxy Core I8262 will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait.
That’s it! Your Galaxy Core I8262 should now have Cosmic ROM Android 5.0 Lollipop custom ROM installed on your phone! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
If You want tinted Status bar automatically in all Apps :Hit +1 or LIKE to thank us!
- Install XPOSED framework from Settings > Xposed settings
- Then go to Modules in Xposed > tick Tinted Status bar.
- Then go back to settings > cosmic mods > Statusbar Tint (Xposed module)
- Press "MENU" button and click on settings.
- Now there are many Check Boxes : 1 (allow 3rd party) ,3 (Animate), 4 ,5,7 [ These options should be checked ]
- Select option Default tints
- 1st option should be completely transparent > opacity 0 and apply
- 3rd option should be White and apply.
- Now restart device .and enjoy.
Have fun playing with the new Cosmic ROM Android 5.0 Lollipop. All the instructions are clearly given above, but if you have any issues, please let us know.