As you continue reading below, we will provide you all the necessary tips like How to Backup Android Devices before installing any official firmwares or custom roms and many more. We will install this official firmware by using ODIN which is the safe method to manually install a new firmware update on your phone.
But still we suggest you to backup your phone because you never know when something might go wrong.
Let's start the tutorial below for safe and successful installation.
Disclaimer: All the official firmwares, custom ROMs, software updates, themes, mods, tools, apps, or anything provided in our blog belongs to their respective developers. Most of the custom ROMs we are providing belongs to XDA Developers. We (iDroid Horizon) or the respective developers are not responsible if any of our tutorial damage or brick your device. However if you follow our instruction properly, we hope it would not bring you in trouble. If you face any problems with our tutorials, please comment below. We are sure that we can bring your device in original position.
Details about XXMS7 Android 4.1.2 Firmware:
Update: Install XWMS3 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S2 I9100
Android USB Driver for Galaxy S2 I9100You must have USB Driver installed in your Computer/Laptop to connect your Android Device. Please make sure you have installed it before flashing any ROMs or Firmware. If you don't have USB Driver from before, you can download the latest official USB Driver from our Android USB Driver Section here:
Download Galaxy S2 USB Driver!
Backup and some important tipsDone with USB Driver? Good. Now here we go for some work that you must do before installing this firmware. Please follow the important points that you need to take care of, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Backup your all important data and apps because during any installation of a new custom ROM or Official Firmware , your device will be wiped and cleaned with new operating system. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. Read below for some important tips on how to backup Android data in a easy process:
- Backup your Android Apps : How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages : Read How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History on Android : How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages : How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages on Android.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Few more important things that you must remember before installing any custom ROMs or Official Firmwares:
- You might face some problems in connecting your Android device to the computer. How to fix? -> You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and KitKat.
- Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
- Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on iDroid Horizon are for factory unlocked Android devices. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your device is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the device model or carrier name.
How to Install XXMS7 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S2 I9100
- This tutorial for installing XXMS7 Android 4.1.2 is only for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. Please don’t try this with other Android device.
- This is an official Samsung firmware, not a custom ROM or a modified firmware.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Entire Step-By-Step procedure:
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select file with ‘CODE’ in its name.
- Click on ‘Phone’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.