If interested in official Android 4.4.2 for this phones, check out our new official ROMs selection. Your Galaxy S5 G900F should be rooted and have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod recovery / TWRP recovery) installed. This is not an official release by Samsung, but just a custom ROM of XDA Developers. This Galaxy S5 update would require a custom recovery in order to flash the ROM zip file on your phone.
NOTE: During the installation process, or after installing the ROM you do not like it, you can always revert back to an official firmware and fix all your problems. This might help you:
[AllianceROM v4.1] Base Rom Feature's:
- Based on lastest Samsung 4.4.2 G900FXXU1ANE2
- Rooted, Deodexed, BusyBox, Init.d, Sqlite3, Zipaligned
- Build.prop tweaks
- ROM Customizer with root browser, widgets, and for OTA Updates
- Alliance Manager Theme/Backup Engine
- 17 Preset Styles to change theme in 1 click!
- Ton of Alliance wallpapers courtesy of @Tired Storeman
- New bootanim courtesy of @NunHugger
- Enhanced Swirliness on Ripple Lockscreen
- Adjusted Launcher Animations for MoaR Speed!
- Modified Toolbox to allow up to 10 shortcuts instead of 5
- Choose from 9 functions for long press back - Default, Now, Custom App, Kill, Screenshot, Lock Screen, Torch, Recents, Menu
- Choose from 9 functions for long press home
- Choose from 9 functions for long press menu
- Choose from 9 functions for double press home
- Choose from 9 functions for short press menu
- Power longpress timeout choices
- Double tap timeout choices
- Killed Syscope Root Detection SystemStatus = Official
- Total toggle amount is 34 data/flashlight/Rom control/Torch/etc
- Enabled Quick Glance
- Added System bg image to contacts and dialer
- Added Asian S5 Touchwiz Theme Engine And Themes
- Pull up in launcher to launch custom app @txr33 - Thanks fake_japanese_guy for posting the app to try in other roms which saved adding to our app picker
- Slide left in launcher to launch custom app @txr33
- Added About Alliance To about phone
- Added Custom Extended Power/Reboot Menu
- Added A ton of Open Source FlipFonts
- Added Cyanogenmods Torch
- Removed Knox/Carrier IQ Completely
- Disabled Flipfont Verification Checks
- Disabled Signature Verification Checking
- Disabled Scrolling cache Systemwide
- Disabled Samsungs Secure Storage
- Enabled Hidden Lockscreens
- Added Sliding Gallery for Lock Wallpaper
- Added Lockscreen Festival Effects
- Added Notification Panel Festival Effects
- Added Selectable Fingerprint style
- Enabled app ops permission management
- Enabled Call/Message Blocking
- Enabled External Sd-Card Read/Write Functionality
- Enabled Bootanimation.zip functionality
- Enabled Camera while on a Phone Call
- Enabled Camera Shutter Sound Menu
- Enabled custom longpress options on samsung keyboard
- Enabled By Default Package Verifier OFF
- Enabled All disabled Settings widgets
- Enabled Clear Font Option in Settings
- Enabled Launcher app menu list functionality
- Added TW Launcher Rotation Toggle
- Added Chinese IME with dark/light theme chooser (supports only english and chinese languages)
- Added Alliance AOSP TW Home theme to tw theme chooser
- Added A ton of Open Source FlipFonts
- Enabled Air Wakeup
- Enabled and Themed Floating Assistant Menu
- Camera Lockscreen shortcut
- Enabled Lockscreen widgets
- Enabled Secure widgets
- Enabled any widgets to lockscreen
- Always maximise lockscreen widgets toggle
- Selectable Aosp Lockscreen
- Increased message limit per hour
- Enabled Scheduled Messaging
- Enabled Scheduled Messaging
- Enabled Save Restore Messages (sms only)
- Enabled Group Conversation Messages
- Enabled Split View Option For Messaging When In Landscape
- Up to 200 contacts for messages
- Message sent time shown
- Increased sms-mms threshold
- General Battery and Performance Tweaks
Like this AllianceROM based on the latest Android 4.4.2? We love it too and we know you are looking forward to install it on your phone now. Now please read below for important tips on how to make sure your installation goes smooth and you do not end up with any problems.
Backup and some important tipsDone with USB Driver? Good. Now here we go for some work that you must do before installing this firmware. Please follow the important points that you need to take care of, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Backup your all important data and apps because during any installation of a new custom ROM or Official Firmware , your device will be wiped and cleaned with new operating system. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. Read below for some important tips on how to backup Android data in a easy process:
- Backup your Android Apps : How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages : Read How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History on Android : How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages : How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages on Android.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Few more important things that you must remember before installing any custom ROMs or Official Firmwares:
- You might face some problems in connecting your Android device to the computer. How to fix? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and KitKat.
- Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
- Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on iDroid Horizon are for factory unlocked Android devices. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your device is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the device model or carrier name.
How to Update Galaxy S5 G900F to AllianceROM v4.1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Custom Firmware :
- This tutorial is only for installing AllianceROM v4.1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM on Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F. Please do not try on any other Galaxy S5 variants.
- Your phone should be rooted and have ClockworkMod recovery installed from before.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data. Proceed at your own risk.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the recovery mode.
- Samsung KIES will NOT detect your phone after installing this ROM because it is a custom firmware.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Entire Step-By-Step procedure:
XDA:DevDB Information[ROM][4.4.2]-AllianceROM-Ultimate Customisation, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 5
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat