Here’s the thing, Heads Up! didn’t work very well for me. Functionally, there were no errors to speak of, I just wanted more control over the notification and didn’t care for the presentation. Most of all, once a notification faded out of the screen, that was it, gone forever. As always, I turned to Tasker to see what I could do for myself. Guess what, the results were exactly what I wanted, and so I shall share my project with you.
Android customization content:
- CUSTOM NOTIFICATION TOOL WITH TASKERMORE
- TASKER TASK TO POPUP A SIMPLE NOTIFICATION
- TASKER PROFILE TO IDENTIFY ALL INCOMING NOTIFICATIONS
Before we beginGet it on Google Play ButtonOn your Android 4.0 or higher device, we’ll need Tasker installed for today’s project. Tasker is still $2.49 in the Google Play Store.
Custom notification tool with TaskerThis project is actually much larger than I can rightly squeeze into a single post. In all, we will look at several projects over the coming weeks. Starting today, we’ll collect notifications and display them through a pop up using Tasker itself. From there, we will look at providing a custom notification count using Zooper Widget, we will combine the two, and we may just dive into Tasker Scenes, if the selection of notification options doesn’t yet feel complete.
Also See : [HOT] Download Galaxy S6 Apps for all Android Devices - APK Files
Tasker Task to popup a simple notificationI’ll leave it to you to head back to previous Tasker projects for a reminder on how to get Tasker up and running. Fire up a new Task, I’ll call mine “BasicNotify“, then add the following action:
Tasker Profile to identify all incoming Notifications
- Choose Event.
- Choose UI.
- Choose Notification.
- Tap the little spaceship icon to the right of Owner Application.
- In the bottom right, tap All.
- Tap the system Back button to save the app selection, then tap it again to save the Profile event.
- Choose your notification Task from earlier, mine was called “BasicNotify.”
- Tap the system Back button when you are done to save and exit out of Tasker. Project complete.