CyanogenMod 12.1 Android 5.1.1 on Galaxy S4 Mini LollipopThis version is the first that has been ported or developed directly for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (3G) and it is now possible to test it in our devices, but also run directly to install because although most of the features are operating normally have errors that are considered important so you may not be able to take advantage of this rom for daily use.
NOTE : The bugs that are currently in this version of Lollipop hand CyanogenMod for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini have not yet been published so know that things go wrong , but as we know work perfectly.You can update Galaxy S4 Mini to Android 5.1.1 CyanogenMod 12.1 Lollipop custom firmware using the tutorial below. This is not an official release by Samsung, but just a custom ROM which would require a custom recovery like ClockworkMod in order to flash the ROM zip and Google Apps zip files on your phone. Your Galaxy S4 Mini should be rooted and have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod recovery / TWRP recovery) installed.
NOTE : This is the LATEST Update of CyanogenMod 12.1 (cm-12.1-20150616-NIGHTLY-serrano3gxx.zip) Nightly ROM released on 16 June 2015.Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (iDroid Horizon) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial.
- Google Apps (Gapps): Latest Google Apps for this ROM!
- Material Design : Google Wallet and Google Docs With Material Design (Download APK)
- [HOT]: Download Galaxy S6 Apps for all Android Devices - APK Files
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Drivers :
Backup and some important tips :Done with USB Driver? Good. Now here we go for some work that you must do before installing this firmware. Please follow the important points that you need to take care of, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Backup your all important data and apps because during any installation of a new custom ROM or Official Firmware , your device will be wiped and cleaned with new operating system. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. Read below for some important tips on how to backup Android data in a easy process:
- Backup your Android Apps : How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages : Read How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History on Android : How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages : How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages on Android.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
Few more important things that you must remember before installing any custom ROMs or Official Firmwares:
- You might face some problems in connecting your Android device to the computer. How to fix? You need to enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
- Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on iDroid Horizon are for factory unlocked Android devices. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your device is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the device model or carrier name.
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and update Galaxy S4 Mini I9190 to CyanogenMod 12.1 Lollipop custom firmware.
How to Install CyanogenMod 12.1 on Galaxy S4 Mini :
- This tutorial is only for installing CyanogenMod 12.1 on Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini. Please do not try on any other Galaxy S4 variants.
- Your phone should be rooted and have ClockworkMod recovery installed from before.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data. Proceed at your own risk.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the recovery mode.
- Samsung KIES will NOT detect your phone after installing this ROM because it is a custom firmware.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Entire Step-By-Step procedure :
Note: Repeat the same step of installation as in step 10 with Google Apps after installing CyanogenMod 12.1 Lollipop Custom Firmware.