You can update Galaxy S4 Mini I9195 to Android 5.1 CyanogenMod 12.1 Lollipop custom firmware using the tutorial below. This is not an official release by Samsung, but just a custom ROM which would require a custom recovery like ClockworkMod in order to flash the ROM zip and Google Apps zip files on your phone. Your Galaxy S4 Mini I9195 should be rooted and have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod recovery / TWRP recovery) installed.
Disclaimer: All the official firmwares, custom ROMs, software updates, themes, mods, tools, apps, or anything provided in our blog belongs to their respective developers. Most of the custom ROMs we are providing here are from XDA Developers. We (iDroid Horizon) or the respective developers are not responsible if any of our tutorial damage or brick your device. However if you follow our instruction properly, we hope it would not bring you in trouble. If you face any problems with our tutorials, please comment below. We are sure that we can bring your device in original position.
- Lollipop: Rooted stock Lollipop 5.0.1 with Knox 0x0 for Galaxy S4 I9505
- Google Apps (Gapps): Latest Google Apps for this ROM!
- Material Design : Google Wallet and Google Docs With Material Design (Download APK)
- [HOT]: Download Galaxy S6 Apps for all Android Devices - APK Files
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini I9195 Drivers :
Backup and some important tips :Done with USB Driver? Good. Now here we go for some work that you must do before installing this firmware. Please follow the important points that you need to take care of, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Backup your all important data and apps because during any installation of a new custom ROM or Official Firmware , your device will be wiped and cleaned with new operating system. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. Read below for some important tips on how to backup Android data in a easy process:
- Backup your Android Apps : How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages : Read How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History on Android : How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages : How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages on Android.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Few more important things that you must remember before installing any custom ROMs or Official Firmwares:
- You might face some problems in connecting your Android device to the computer. How to fix? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and KitKat.
- Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
- Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on iDroid Horizon are for factory unlocked Android devices. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your device is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the device model or carrier name.
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and update Galaxy S4 Mini I9195 to CyanogenMod 12.1 Lollipop custom firmware.
How to Install CyanogenMod 12.1 on Galaxy S4 Mini I9195 :
- This tutorial is only for installing CyanogenMod 12.1 on Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini. Please do not try on any other Galaxy S4 variants.
- Your phone should be rooted and have ClockworkMod recovery installed from before.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data. Proceed at your own risk.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the recovery mode.
- Samsung KIES will NOT detect your phone after installing this ROM because it is a custom firmware.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Entire Step-By-Step procedure :
Note: Repeat the same step of installation as in step 10 with Google Apps after installing CyanogenMod 12.1 Lollipop Custom Firmware.