Disclaimer: All the official firmwares, custom ROMs, software updates, themes, mods, tools, apps, or anything provided in our blog belongs to their respective developers. Most of the custom ROMs we are providing here are from XDA Developers. We (iDroid Horizon) or the respective developers are not responsible if any of our tutorial damage or brick your device. However if you follow our instruction properly, we hope it would not bring you in trouble. If you face any problems with our tutorials, please comment below. We are sure that we can bring your device in original position.
Backup and some important tipsDone with USB Driver? Good. Now here we go for some work that you must do before installing this firmware. Please follow the important points that you need to take care of, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Backup your all important data and apps because during any installation of a new custom ROM or Official Firmware , your device will be wiped and cleaned with new operating system. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. Read below for some important tips on how to backup Android data in a easy process:
- Backup your Android Apps : How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages : Read How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History on Android : How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages : How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages on Android.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on iDroid Horizon for the Google Nexus 5, but we think you might be interested in the following posts:
- Update: Update Nexus 5 to Android 5.1.1 LMY48B Lollipop Official Factory Image
- Update: Update Nexus 5 to Android 5.0 LPX13D Lollipop Developer Preview
- Root: Root Nexus 5 on Android 5.1.1 LMY48B Lollipop and Install CWM Recovery
- Install: Install LiquidSmooth v3.1 on Google Nexus 5 - Hammerhead
How to Install Android 4.4.4 OmniROM on Nexus 5
- This tutorial is only for Lg Nexus 5 and I am not sure if it will work on the other variants of this tablet.
- Your tablet can be on any previous Android version or even on a custom ROM. It doesn’t matter at all. This tutorial will still work for installing Android 4.4.4 OmniROM.
- Enjoy Android 4.4.4 OmniROM on your device and let us know your review about it!
NOTE: Installing Android 4.4.4 OmniROM Custom Firmware will WIPE / DELETE / ERASE everything from your tablet if your bootloader is not already unlocked. Please make sure you have a backup of all the data. Read: How to Backup Android Apps and Other Data.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:Step 1 - Download Android 4.4.4 OmniROM (hammerhead-NIGHTLY.zip.md5sum) for Nexus 5 on your PC.
Step 2 - Connect your Nexus 5 to your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3 - Please make sure Fastboot is configured and properly installed on your computer. How? See here: How to Set Up ADB and Fastboot with Android SDK.
Step 4 - Turn OFF your tablet.
Step 5 - Get into the Fastboot/Bootloader Mode on your device. Turn ON the tablet while pressing and holding the Volume Up + Power buttons till you see the Fastboot menu and START on top.
Step 6 - Now extract the downloaded file anywhere in your computer. Go to the folder hammerhead-LPX13D and then copy/paste all the files to your Fastboot directory.
Note: If you followed our tutorial on setting up Fastboot on your computer, there is a 99% chance your Fastboot directory will be the platform-tools folder in your Android SDK directory.Step 7 - From the factory image files in your Fastboot directory, do the following depending which OS you are on:
- On Windows: Run the file “flash-all.bat”.
- On Mac: Run the file “flash-all.sh” using Terminal.
- On Linux: Run the file “flash-all.sh”.
Step 9 - After the installation completes, your tablet will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait with patience!
That’s it! Your Nexus 5 should now have the Nightly Build Android 4.4.4 OmniROM update installed on your phone! Go to Settings >About phone to verify.
Hit +1 or LIKE to thank us!
Have fun playing with the new Android 4.4.4 OmniROM. All the instructions are clearly given above, but if you have any issues, please let us know.
XDA:DevDB Information[ROM] [4.4] Omni (hammerhead), a ROM for the Google Nexus 5
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: Omni
Version Information Status: Alpha