As you read further, we will guide you how to install LiquidSmooth v3.1 Hammerhead software update on Nexus 5 with complete steps and instructions, how to backup your important data, some other important tips. In case you have problems connecting your phone with the computer, make sure USB drivers are properly installed and read the tips below. Your Nexus 5 can be on any Android version for this tutorial to work. Remember, this is not an official release by Google, but just a custom ROM by deadman96385 (XDA Senior Member) which would require a custom recovery in order to flash the ROM zip file on your phone.
Disclaimer: All the official firmwares, custom ROMs, software updates, themes, mods, tools, apps, or anything provided in our blog belongs to their respective developers. Most of the custom ROMs we are providing here are from XDA Developers. We (iDroid Horizon) or the respective developers are not responsible if any of our tutorial damage or brick your device. However if you follow our instruction properly, we hope it would not bring you in trouble. If you face any problems with our tutorials, please comment below. We are sure that we can bring your device in original position.
Features of LiquidSmooth v3.1 - Hammerhead
- Quiet Hours
- Slim Recents
- Lock screen Style
- Notification Reminder
- Hardware key rebinding
- Custom Carrier label
- Smart Pulldown
- ADB over network
- Glowpad Torch
- Advanced Reboot
- Listview Animations
- Liquid Dungeon
- National Roaming
- Custom Tiles
- flip to Mute/Reject Call
- Incoming call in background
- Hide USB debugging notification
- Stylus Support
- Stylus Gestures
- Notification Drawer Style
- Lock screen pin shuffler
- Quick Unlock
- Status bar Brightness control
- Volume rocker wake
- Safe headset volume
- Privacy Guard
- Status bar clock style
- Status bar date style
- And many more...
- OptiPop: Update Nexus 5 to Android 5.1.1 OptiPop Lollipop Custom ROM (New!)
- Update: Update Nexus 5 to Android 5.1.1 LMY48B Lollipop Official Factory Image
- Update: Update Nexus 5 to Android 5.0 LPX13D Lollipop Developer Preview
- Root: Root Nexus 5 on Android 5.1.1 LMY48B Lollipop and Install CWM Recovery
- Install: Install OmniROM on Google Nexus 5 — Hammerhead (Android 4.4.4)
Google Nexus 5 USB Drivers
Download Nexus 5 USB drivers!
Backup and some important tipsDone with USB Driver? Good. Now here we go for some work that you must do before installing this firmware. Please follow the important points that you need to take care of, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Backup your all important data and apps because during any installation of a new custom ROM or Official Firmware , your device will be wiped and cleaned with new operating system. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. Read below for some important tips on how to backup Android data in a easy process:
- Backup your Android Apps : How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages : Read How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History on Android : How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages : How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages on Android.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Few more important things that you must remember before installing any custom ROMs or Official Firmwares:
- You might face some problems in connecting your Android device to the computer. How to fix? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and KitKat.
- Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
- Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on iDroid Horizon are for factory unlocked Android devices. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your device is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the device model or carrier name.
Also see: Android 5.0 Lollipop Screenshots — Developer Preview on Nexus 5
All set and ready? Good. You can now continue reading below and update your Nexus 5 to LiquidSmooth v3.1 Hammerhead factory image.
How to Install LiquidSmooth v3.1 Hammerhead on Nexus 5
- This tutorial is only for Google Nexus 5 and I am not sure if it will work on the other variants of this tablet.
- Your tablet/phone can be on any previous Android version or even on a custom ROM. It doesn’t matter at all. This tutorial will still work for installing LiquidSmooth v3.1.
- Enjoy LiquidSmooth v3.1 on your device and let us know your review about it!
NOTE: Installing LiquidSmooth v3.1 Hammerhead will WIPE / DELETE / ERASE everything from your tablet if your bootloader is not already unlocked. Please make sure you have a backup of all the data. Read: How to Backup Android Apps and Other Data.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:Step 1 - Download LiquidSmooth v3.1 Hammerhead and GApps for Nexus 5 on your PC, if you haven’t already.
Step 2 - Connect your Nexus 5 to your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3 - Please make sure Fastboot is configured and properly installed on your computer. How? See here: How to Set Up ADB and Fastboot with Android SDK.
Step 4 - Turn OFF your tablet.
Step 5 - Get into the Fastboot/Bootloader Mode on your device. Turn ON the tablet while pressing and holding the Volume Up + Power buttons till you see the Fastboot menu and START on top.
Step 6 - Now extract the downloaded file anywhere in your computer. Go to the folder LS-KK-v3.2-2014-10-19-hammerhead.zip and then copy/paste all the files to your Fastboot directory.
Note: If you followed our tutorial on setting up Fastboot on your computer, there is a 99% chance your Fastboot directory will be the platform-tools folder in your Android SDK directory.Step 7 - From the factory image files in your Fastboot directory, do the following depending which OS you are on:
- On Windows: Run the file “flash-all.bat”.
- On Mac: Run the file “flash-all.sh” using Terminal.
- On Linux: Run the file “flash-all.sh”.
Step 9 - After the installation completes, your tablet will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait with patience!
That’s it! Your Nexus 5 should now have the official LiquidSmooth v3.1 Hammerhead update installed on your phone! Go to Settings >About phone to verify.
Hit +1 or LIKE to thank us!
Have fun playing with the new LiquidSmooth v3.1 Hammerhead. All the instructions are clearly given above, but if you have any issues, please let us know.