The nightly for the Yuphoria (codename lettuce) provides CyanogenMod 12.1, which itself is based on Android 5.1. The ZIP archive comes in at 365MB.
You can update YU Yuphoria YU5010 to Android 5.1 CyanogenMod 12.1 Lollipop custom firmware using the tutorial below. This is an official release by CyanogenMod, a custom ROM which would require a custom recovery like ClockworkMod in order to flash the ROM zip and Google Apps zip files on your phone. Also make sure, your warranty will be voided when you install this custom ROM.
NOTE : This is the LATEST Update of CyanogenMod 12.1 (cm-12.1-20150613-NIGHTLY-lettuce.zip) Nightly ROM released on 13 June 2015.As you continue reading below, we will guide you through how to backup data, some other important tips and the entire process of how to install CyanogenMod 12.1 Lollipop ROM on YU Yuphoria YU5010 with complete steps using CWM Recovery.
Let’s get on with the tutorial now and make sure you backup your Phone as given below, because all the data will wiped during the installation process. The following tips are important as they will help the installation procedure to go smooth without any issues. Let’s begin with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (iDroid Horizon) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial.
Micromax YU Yuphoria YU5010 USB Drivers
Backup and some important tips
- Backup your Android Apps : How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages : Read How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History on Android : How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages : How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages on Android.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Few more important things that you must remember before installing any custom ROMs or Official Firmwares:
- You might face some problems in connecting your Android device to the computer. How to fix? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and KitKat.
- Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
- Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on iDroid Horizon are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model. And also make sure you have an unlocked bootloader (except Samsung).
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and update YU Yuphoria YU5010 to CyanogenMod 12.1 Lollipop custom firmware.
How to Install CyanogenMod 12.1 Lollipop on YU Yuphoria YU5010 :We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to install CyanogenMod 12.1 Lollipop custom firmware on YU Yuphoria YU5010. If you are used to installing custom ROMs on your YU Yuphoria YU5010, then this should not be any different for you.
However, for beginners, you need to root your YU Yuphoria and install a custom recovery. Please Google that up if you are unsure and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your device.
- This Android 5.1 CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM tutorial is only for the YU Yuphoria YU5010 phone.
- Your phone should have ClockworkMod recovery installed. Please make sure you have this recovery!
- Make a Nandroid backup of your previous phone set up before proceeding – for just in case anything goes wrong.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your existing data. Proceed at your own risk.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
|Click to Enlarge|
Step 3 - Now copy/paste the downloaded cm-12.1-20150613-NIGHTLY-lettuce.zip and Google Apps zip files to your SD card. Make sure the files are in the SD card root (not in any folder).
Step 4 - Please make sure Fastboot is configured and properly installed on your computer. How? See here: How to Set Up ADB and Fastboot with Android SDK.
Step 5 - Then turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 6 - Get into the Fastboot/Bootloader Mode on your device. Turn ON the phone while pressing and holding the Volume Up + Power buttons till you see the Fastboot menu and START on top.
Step 7 - Now to get in the Bootloader Mode. Turn ON the phone while pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down and Power buttons.
Step 8 - Follow the navigation instructions on the screen. Select BOOTLOADER and then go to RECOVERY.
Step 9 - Once you are in ClockworkMod Recovery, select perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data/factory reset” . Use the Power button to select everything while in the Recovery Mode.
Step 10 - Then, perform a cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition” as you can see in the image below.
Step 11 - Now this is optional, but it is recommended to perform a wipe of your dalvik cache as well. You will not get into boot loops or any other errors. From CWM recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe dalvik cache”.
Step 12 - Then go back to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
Step 13 - Now select “choose zip from sdcard”. Using your volume keys, navigate to the cm-12.1-20150613-NIGHTLY-lettuce.zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
Google Apps: Repeat the Step 12 for the GApps zip file as well and install it on your phone.Step 14 - After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back+++++” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu.
Your YU Yuphoria YU5010 will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait.
That’s it! Your YU Yuphoria YU5010 should now have CyanogenMod 12.1 Lollipop custom ROM installed on your phone! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Have fun playing with the new CyanogenMod 12.1 Lollipop. All the instructions are clearly given above, but if you have any issues, please let us know by commenting below.