If this is your very first time installing a an OTA update manually on this phone, we understand you would want to make sure your installation process go as smooth as possible. So before we actually jump to the installation process of CM12S ROM, let’s take a look below at how to backup all your data. It is better to have a clean installation with no previous data, but since you would want to update from CM11S, please skip out the wipe data steps below in the tutorial. These are the some of the tips given below that we want you to keep in mind and then proceed.
Disclaimer : All the official firmwares, custom ROMs, software updates, themes, mods, tools, apps, or anything provided in our blog belongs to their respective developers. Most of the custom ROMs we are providing here are from XDA Developers. We (iDroid Horizon) or the respective developers are not responsible if any of our tutorial damage or brick your device. However if you follow our instruction properly, we hope it would not bring you in trouble. If you face any problems with our tutorials, please comment below. We are sure that we can bring your device in original position.
Android 5.0.2 CM12S Lollipop ROM Details:This amazing CM12S custom ROM comes with tons of new features and is based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop with the all new Material Design. Several new apps have been redesigned and perform a lot faster on this phone.
Also Read: Install Minimalistic OnePlus One Boot Logo And Animation
Like this CM12S ROM based on the latest Android 5.0.2? We love it too and we know you are looking forward to install it on your phone now. Now please read below for important tips on how to make sure your installation goes smooth and you do not end up with any problems.
OnePlus One USB DriversYou will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for OnePlus One properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Download OnePlus One USB drivers!
Backup and some important tipsDone with USB Driver? Good. Now here we go for some work that you must do before installing this firmware. Please follow the important points that you need to take care of, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Backup your all important data and apps because during any installation of a new custom ROM or Official Firmware , your device will be wiped and cleaned with new operating system. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. Read below for some important tips on how to backup Android data in a easy process:
- Backup your Android Apps : How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages : Read How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History on Android : How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages : How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages on Android.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Few more important things that you must remember before installing any custom ROMs or Official Firmwares:
- You might face some problems in connecting your Android device to the computer. How to fix? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and KitKat.
- Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
- Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on iDroid Horizon are for factory unlocked Android devices. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your device is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the device model or carrier name.
Also See: Update OnePlus One to Android 5.0 Lollipop Alpha [Official Firmware]
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial on the next page and update OnePlus One to Android 5.0.2 CM12S Lollipop custom firmware.
TUTORIAL: How to Install Android 5.0.2 CM12S Lollipop on OnePlus OneWe have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to install Android 5.0.2 CM12S Lollipop custom firmware on OnePlus One. If you are used to installing custom ROMs on your One, then this should not be any different for you.
As we mentioned earlier, you need to have a custom recovery installed on your phone. Please do that first and then get back to this tutorial. And before you proceed below, make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your Android device.
- This tutorial is only for installing Cyanogen OS 12 software update on OnePlus One.
- Your phone should have a custom recovery installed.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data. Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding. If you do not want to wipe any data, skip step 6.
- Good luck!