As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install CosmicCM Android 4.4.2 KitKat Custom Rom on Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 using CyanogenMod. Don’t forget to backup all your apps and personal data as a precaution. It is always better to make a backup before doing anything with your Android device. The following tips are important as they will help the installation procedure to go smooth without any issues. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
- Install CarbonROM Android 4.4.4 KitKat on Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 [APP2SD]
- Install CosmicCM Android 4.4.4 KitKat on Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 [V5.4]
NOTE: During the installation process, or after installing the ROM you do not like it, you can always revert back to an official firmware and fix all your problems. This might help you:
Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos USB Drivers
Backup and some important tipsDone with USB Driver? Good. Now here we go for some work that you must do before installing this firmware. Please follow the important points that you need to take care of, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Backup your all important data and apps because during any installation of a new custom ROM or Official Firmware , your device will be wiped and cleaned with new operating system. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. Read below for some important tips on how to backup Android data in a easy process:
- Backup your Android Apps : How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages : Read How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History on Android : How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages : How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages on Android.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Few more important things that you must remember before installing any custom ROMs or Official Firmwares:
- You might face some problems in connecting your Android device to the computer. How to fix? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and KitKat.
- Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
- Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on iDroid Horizon are for factory unlocked Android devices. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your device is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the device model or carrier name.
How to Update Galaxy Grand to CosmicCM Android 4.4.2 KitKat Custom ROM :
- This tutorial is only for installing CosmicCM Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082. Please do not try on any other Galaxy Grand variants.
- Your phone should be rooted and have ClockworkMod recovery installed from before.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data. Proceed at your own risk.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the recovery mode.
- Samsung KIES will NOT detect your phone after installing this ROM because it is a custom firmware.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Entire Step-By-Step procedure:
Note: Repeat the same step of installation as in step 10 with Google Apps after installing CosmicCM Android 4.4.2 KitKat.