Great performance isn't the only reason why people prefer Mi phones. MIUI operating system that's deeply customizable, beautiful and great for productivity and play. It's so easy to use and now supports Android L, so you can take full advantage of Mi 4i's 64-bit processor. Give Mi 4i a try, I believe you'll fall deeply in love with the all-new MIUI 7.
The MIUI 7 for the Xiaomi MI 4i (codename ferrari) provides MI User Interface, which itself is based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. The ZIP archive comes in at 890 MB. The content you care most about, redesigned in a way that's refreshing, yet familiar. Fast, power efficient, MIUI 7 offering the best MIUI experience to date.
You can update Xiaomi MI 4i to Android 5.0.2 MIUI 7 Lollipop ROM using the tutorial below. This is an official release by MIUI, a custom ROM which would require a custom recovery like ClockworkMod in order to flash the ROM zip files on your phone. Also make sure, your warranty will be voided when you install this custom ROM.
NOTE : Please wipe all data in Recovery mode if you want to update to a discontinuous ROM version, or downgrade to an older ROM version using MIUI full ROM pack.As you continue reading below, we will guide you through how to backup data, some other important tips and the entire process of how to install MIUI 7 Lollipop ROM on Xiaomi MI 4i with complete steps.
Let’s get on with the tutorial now and make sure you backup your Phone as given below, because all the data will wiped during the installation process. The following tips are important as they will help the installation procedure to go smooth without any issues. Let’s begin with the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (iDroid Horizon) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial.
Backup and some important tips
- Backup your Android Apps : How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages : Read How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History on Android : How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages : How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages on Android.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
Few more important things that you must remember before installing any custom ROMs or Official Firmwares:
- You might face some problems in connecting your Android device to the computer. How to fix? You need to enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
- Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on iDroid Horizon are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model. And also make sure you have an unlocked bootloader (except Samsung).
All set and ready? Good. Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below and update Xiaomi MI 4i to Global MIUI 7 Stable firmware.
Also Read : Root and Install TWRP on Xiaomi MI 4i without using PC [How to Guide]
How to Install LXIMICI MIUI 7 Lollipop on Xiaomi MI 4i:We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to install LXIMICI MIUI 7 Global ROM on Xiaomi MI 4i. If you are used to installing custom ROMs on your Xiaomi MI 4i, then this should not be any different for you.
- This MIUI 7 Global ROM tutorial is only for the Xiaomi MI 4i phone.
- Make a Nandroid backup of your previous phone set up before proceeding – for just in case anything goes wrong.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your existing data. Proceed at your own risk.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 3 - Now copy/paste the downloaded MIUI 220.127.116.11 LXIMICI file into the folder downloaded_rom in Internal Storage of your device.
Step 4 - Launch ‘Updater' app on your device：
- For MIUI 6：Click the ‘…’ icon at the top-right corner, select ‘Choose update package’, and choose the ROM file you’ve put in ‘downloaded_rom’.
- For MIUI V5：Press the Menu button, select ‘Choose update package’, and choose the ROM file you’ve put in ‘downloaded_rom’.
That’s it! Your Xiaomi MI 4i should now have MIUI 7 Lollipop custom ROM installed on your phone! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Have fun playing with the new MIUI 7 Lollipop. All the instructions are clearly given above, but if you have any issues, please let us know by commenting below.